Dear reader & VAT explorer
Once a month we will highlight a symptom or sector in society that may benefit from implementing VAT to reduce pain, stress, insomnia and anxiety, boost vitality, mind clarity and increase life quality. We will also provide information about Olav Skille's perception of harmony, low sound and music.
WE VIEW VAT AS AN INTEGRATIVE WELLNESS AND HEALTHCARE TOOL
What is integrative wellness and healthcare paradigm:
We like Dr Weils’ definition:
“Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person (body, mind, and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
The principles of integrative medicine:
• A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process
• Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body's innate healing response
• Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease, including mind, spirit and community as well as body
• A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically
• Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms
• Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
• Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease
• Training of practitioners to be models of health and healing, committed to the process of self-exploration and self-development”
VAT is a stand alone therapy yet, because its attribute as a body mind balancing tool and reduce pain, stress, insomnia and anxiety, boost vitality and mind clarity , It is an added value to any other treatment and can be incorporated with any other therapy (physical therapy, psychotherapy or CAM(Complementary Alternative Medicine).
VAT can be used as preventive therapy (reduction of stress , insomnia and anxiety ) at home or at work.
It may be effective to treat acute /chronic pain, stress, insomnia and anxiety.
It is a useful as an added modality to other therapeutic modalities and may help replace bad habits with better habits (such as anger management, obesity and addiction).
VAT may be guided (together with visualization and self imagery), to be helpful as a self management tool to increase personal wellness, well-being and performance.
If you are a therapist, chiropractor, MD, business coach or executive leader we welcome you to contact us and explore together ways of collaboration.